McAfee AVERT Stinger 10.1.0.1327
Clean malware, virus and trojan with McAfee Stinger
Stinger is a stand-alone utility used to detect and remove specific viruses. It is not a substitute for full anti-virus protection, but rather a tool to assist administrators and users when dealing with an infected system. Stinger utilizes next generation scan engine technology, including process scanning, digitally signed DAT files, and scan performance optimizations.
2. When the download is complete, navigate to the folder that contains the downloaded Stinger file, and run it.
3. The Stinger interface will be displayed.
4. If necessary, click the Add or Browse button to add additional drives/directories to scan. By default the C: drive will be scanned.
5. Click the Scan Now button to begin scanning the specified drives/directories.
6. By default, Stinger will repair all infected files found.
7. To enable Artemis Technology in stinger click on preferences and then select the required sensitivity level. If you select “High” or “Very High” McAfee Labs recommends that you set the “On virus detection” action to “Report only” for the first scan.
Note: McAfee AVERT Stinger is not a substitute for the full anti-virus protection, but rather a tool that assists administrators and users when dealing with an infected system.
• McAfee Labs Stinger