Winamp supports a wide variety of contemporary and specialized music file formats, including MIDI, MOD, MPEG-1 audio layers 1 and 2, AAC, M4A, FLAC, WAV, OGG Vorbis, and Windows Media Audio. It supports gapless playback for MP3 and AAC, and Replay Gain for volume leveling across tracks. In addition, Winamp can play and import music from audio CDs, optionally with CD-Text, and can also burn music to CDs. Winamp supports playback of Windows Media Video and Nullsoft Streaming Video, as well as most of the video formats supported by Windows Media Player. 5.1 Surround sound is supported where formats and decoders allow.
Winamp supports many types of streaming media: Internet radio, Internet telelvision, XM Satellite Radio, AOL video, Singingfish content, podcasts, and RSS media feeds. It also has extendable support for portable media players, and users can access their media libraries anywhere via internet connections.
You can extend Winamp’s functionality through the use of plug-ins, which are available on the Winamp site.
WinAmp 5.63 Full is available for download at: Download Winamp Now
What new in Winamp 5.63
Winamp 5.63 contains the following updated.
- Hungarian and Indonesian installer translations and language packs.
- [enc_vorbis] Ogg Vorbis Encoder. (based on aoTuV)
- Shift+F10 app key support in the Media Library.
- [enc_fhgaac] Added VBR mode 6, plus other minor quality improvements.
- [in_flac] Producer metadata support.
- [in_mod] Refactored, simplified and threadsafe memory allocation.
- [ml_history] Save playcounts when updated instead of only on exit.
- [ml_local] Increased search query buffers from 512 or 1024 to 2048 bytes.
- [gen_hotkeys] Added manual advance and visualization specific actions.
- Embedded album art not working in some scenarios.
- Video window reopening after being closed when editing mp4 tags.
- [aacdec] Memory leak when re-syncing to AAC stream.
- [bmp] Bounds checking in TSCC decoder.
- [bmp] Heap overflow issues. (thanks: Secunia)
- [in_avi] Divide-by-zero and NULL pointer issues. (thanks: FuzzMyApp)
- [in_mod] .IT memory & heap corruption issues. (thanks: Jeremy Brown, MSVR)
- [ml_local] Crash in MLDBAPI::SetField cache.
- [pmp_android/usb] Genre and Year metadata edits writing to Disc# field.
- [vis_milk2] Presets not reacting to music in localized installs. (Milkdrop v2.25)
- Misc: More general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizations.
- [aacdec] Fraunhofer AAC Decoder v1.762.208
- [in_vorbis] libogg 1.3.0 & libvorbis 1.3.3
- [lame_enc] LAME 3.99.5
- [png] libpng v1.5.10
- [vp8] libvpx v1.1.0
- [xml] expat v2.1.0
- [zlib.dll] zlib 1.2.7
These are the system requirements for Winamp:
- 500MHz Pentium III or comparable
- 256MB RAM
- 20MB Hard Disk Space
- 16bit Sound Card
- Windows 2000 sp4 or later
- DirectX 9.0c (for watching videos and Milkdrop vis)
- Internet Explorer 5.01 or higher (for Online Services)
- 1x speed or greater CD Burner (Required for Burning)
- 2x speed or greater CDROM (Required for Ripping)
- 1.5 GHz Pentium IV or better
- 500MB RAM or more
- 50MB Hard Disk Space
- 24bit Sound Card
- 500MB AGP or PCIE Graphics Card (for watching videos)
- Windows XP sp3, or later
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher (for all Online Services features)
- 8x speed or greater CD Burner (Required for Burning)
- 16x speed or greater CDROM (Required for Ripping)