Wireshark 1.8.1 has been released. This version is a maintenance release which contains bug fixes and stability improvements over the previous release. The installers for Windows, Mac OS X 10.5.5 and above (Intel and PPC), and source code is now available.
Wireshark is the world’s most popular network protocol analyzer. It is used for troubleshooting, analysis, development and industries and educational institutions.
Features includes deep inspection of hundreds of protocols, with more being added all the time, Live capture and offline analysis, Standard three-pane packet browser, Captured network data can be browsed via a GUI, or via the TTY-mode TShark utility, and Rich VoIP analysis.
Here are key features of Wireshark:
- Deep inspection of hundreds of protocols, with more being added all the time
- Live capture and offline analysis
- Standard three-pane packet browser
- Multi-platform: Runs on Windows, Linux, OS X, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and many others
- Captured network data can be browsed via a GUI, or via the TTY-mode TShark utility
- The most powerful display filters in the industry
- Rich VoIP analysis
- Read/write many different capture file formats
- Capture files compressed with gzip can be decompressed on the fly
- Live data can be read from Ethernet, IEEE 802.11, PPP/HDLC, ATM, Bluetooth, USB, Token Ring, Frame Relay, FDDI, and others (depending on your platfrom)
- Decryption support for many protocols, including IPsec, ISAKMP, Kerberos, SNMPv3, SSL/TLS, WEP, and WPA/WPA2
- Coloring rules can be applied to the packet list for quick, intuitive analysis
- Output can be exported to XML, PostScript, CSV, or plain text
Download Wireshark 1.8.1
The links in this section correspond to files available for Wireshark 1.8.1. Select the files most appropriate for you.
- Download Wireshark 1.8.1 for Windows (32-bit)
- Download Wireshark 1.8.1 for Windows (64-bit)
- Download Wireshark 1.8.1 Portable Apps
To download Wireshark for MAC OS X and ource code please visit Download Wireshark website.
You can find the full details about changes that are in this version of Wireshark from the Wireshark 1.8.1 Release Notes.