PDFCreator 1.4.3 is now available for download. This release includes fixes some small bugs and also comes with some small improvements. PDFCreator now supports Tokens with parameters. When you use the DateTime token with auto-save, you can add a formatting parameter, i.e. [DateTime:yyyy] will give you just the year. This is explained in detail in the help file. For full details about changes that are in this version of PDFCreator, see the “What’s new in PDFCreator 1.4.3” section.
PDFCreator – The free PDF Creator and Converter
PDFCreator is a free and simple to use tool to create PDF files from nearly any Windows application. If you know how to print, then you know how to use this software.
PDF Creator is a virtual pdf printer that will allow you to print any file to a PDF document. In as quick as 1-2-3 you can make your own professional PDF document.
PDFCreator is open source software and released free of charge under the terms of the GNU General Public License
Here are key features of PDFCreator:
- Create PDFs from any program that is able to print.
- Security: Encrypt PDFs and protect them from being opened, printed etc.
- New: Digitally sign your PDFs to ensure that you are the author and the file has not been modified.
- New: Create PDF/A files for long term archives.
- Send generated files via eMail.
- Create more than just PDFs: PNG, JPG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, PS, EPS.
- AutoSave files to folders and filenames based on Tags like Username, Computername, Date, Time etc.
- Merge multiple files into one PDF.
- Easy Install: Just say what you want and everything is installed.
- Terminal Server: PDFCreator also runs on Terminal Servers without problems.
- PDFCreator is free, even for commercial use! It is Open Source and released under the Terms of the GNU General Public License.
- Supports Windows Vista and Windows 7
How to Downlaod PDFCreator 1.4.3
PDFCreator 1.4.3 available for download at the link below:
What’s new in PDFCreator 1.4.3
This release contains the following improvements and new features:
- Auto-Save: DateTime-Token now supports a custom format via parameter, i.e. use [DateTime:yyyy] to get just the year. The counter token allows to specify the number of digits that will be displayed.
- PDFCreator checks if the spool folder is writeable.
- The update check can be completely disabled.
- Updated PDFCreator languages.
- The function PrintFile was not aware of different PDFCreator printers and their associated profiles.
- No hyperlinks possible (Hyperlinks for MS Word are possible with the combination of PDF-T-Maker and PDFCreator.)
PDFCreator is designed to support: Windows 9x, Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and Windows 7
Source: PDFCreator – What’s new?